April8-9 Horsetooth Ice Breaker Open 7a-2p May 13 Boyd Evening Open 5p-11p
July 15 Horsetooth Open 6a-3p
Aug13 Pueblo Open 5a-3p Sept23-24 State Championship Pueblo
High School club members please be aware that the open events will also allow incoming freshman to compete. These events do not require the teams be from the same school. The only requirement is that every participant must be a BASS member and have a current BASS number which must be on the application. The link to get your BASS membership is on the left side of this page. If you currently have a BASS number you must make sure it is updated.
Please remember all teams are teams of two High School or incoming freshman anglers and 1 adult boater coach. All teams must fish from a boat. Boats must be equipped with an aerated live well to keep fish alive.
State Championship Info
All High School Members the following criteria is for the HS State Team Tournament.
All Members planning to fish the BASS HS State Team Tournament at Pueblo Lake on Sept 23-24 must be members of the same club. This is different than the opens.
All Members must hold a current BASS Membership card
All Members must be of High School age (no incoming freshman, no high school graduates).
All Teams must provide there own boat and boat captain. It is not the responsibility of the CBN or Tournament director to find boats and captains.
If you meet these criteria then you must print the State Tournament entry form below, Read and Fill out completely and get it to me by the due date. (please take note of the price change)
Upcoming High School Events
FISHING UNIVERSITY CONTEST
We are launching a HUGE program today for high school students in all 50 states and Canada to win a $10,000 college cash scholarship and be a star on Fishing University! I wanted you to be one of the first to know about it and hopefully share it with your high school teams you work with.
BASICALLY THIS IS THE OVERVIEW
How would you like to win a chance to be a star on Fishing University and fish for a $10,000 college scholarship to the school of your choice and an additional 4 year $28,000 scholarship to Bethel University while everyone in America and around the world watches?
For your chance all you need to do is ‘share’ your fishing adventures on social media! Yep, that’s it---- you and your teammate has to have the most posts to social media between Sep. 1st and Nov. 25th, 2016. The two teams of two with the most posts will film the final show of Fishing University with co-hosts, Charlie Ingram and Ray Brazier. The team with the highest weight on that episode, will walk away with a $10,000 college scholarship and the scholarship to Bethel University!
So, what are you waiting for??? Let’s get posting…
The two winning teams will also receive:
· All expense paid trip to the fishing location including roundtrip airfare, lodging, and all food
· Gifts from each of the show’s sponsors—Charger Boats, Honda Marine, Jackson Kayak, Spro, Raymarine, T-H Marine, Power Pole, Orion Coolers, Cashion Fishing Rods, Strike King Lures, StormR, Taylor Made, O’Reilly Auto Parts, Cedar Creek Beef Jerky and Soft Science Footwear.
Rules & Fine Print:
(1) All high school students in the US and Canada are eligible to participate. A “team” is 2 people. Your high school does not have to have it’s own high school fishing team for you to participate.
(2) Each team must register before starting to post. A team must register together with the following information---email both full names, both addresses, both email addresses, both cell phone numbers, and both birthdates to: email@example.com
(3) Each post must include information about your fishing adventure of some type as well as mention Fishing University on the Outdoor Channel & WFN. ALL social media is included- Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Feedly, and all others. The 2 top teams across the nation with the highest number of posts will earn the chance to be a star and fish on the show for the $10,000 college scholarship.
(4) More details will be sent to you once you have registered including how the college scholarship will be applied to your college account, etc.
High School and College Anglers Encouraged to Sign Up
Recent years have seen high school and collegiate anglers boost their activity in tournament bass angling. To provide another opportunity for anglers at both levels to engage and win prizes, Berkley is launching Team Red. For more information anglers can visit http://teamred.berkley-fishing.com.
The program is open to high school and collegiate anglers to participate and win prizes as individuals and as a team.
Student anglers are encouraged to join Berkley Team Red in order to earn prizes that further their fishing exploits. Coaches can participate as well, signing up their team to compete and participate in challenges will gain points for their team. It doesn’t matter how anglers are affiliated with fishing. Whether a member on a team at school or part of a junior fishing league there’s a place on Berkley Team Red for you.
As a grand prize, fishing teams can win $4000 in fishing product from Berkley and/or Abu Garcia. All it takes is participating in challenges at http://teamred.berkley-fishing.com.
Individuals can also compete and earn points for themselves. Berkley has made it easy for teams and individuals alike to compete in a fun atmosphere.
Anglers simply sign up and start competing to beginning earning points and winning prizes. Challenges may be as easy as watching a video or answering a few basic questions. Anglers are able to upload their daily catch and connect with anglers across the country, making it a completely interactive program.
“This program worked so well in the High School ranks we’ve opened it up to the collegiate anglers,” said Sarah Dawkins, Marketing Manager: Digital, Berkley Fishing. “It is a great opportunity for young anglers to engage in a community of like-minded folks while having a great time. They have a chance to win big for their school and program by capturing the top prize.”
Enjoy fishing and improve angling skills by signing on with the brand that Catches More Fish – Berkley. Register today at http://teamred.berkley-fishing.com.
State Championship info and Entry Form Below